If college were really like it is at the fictitious U. of New York on "Felicity"
- Dorm rooms would be as big as most apartments.
- Your parents could cut you off financially and you could still make enough money to pay for your education
just by working at Dean & Deluca.
- Getting a job in the financial aid department would give you immediate access to all student applications and records.
- If you told your roommate you were broke, they wouldn't charge you rent anymore. And your significant other could move in to
the apartment for free, too.
- You could lie on your college application and not get caught.
- Cafeterias would look more like restaurants, and students would hang out there for hours on end.
- You would know everyone at school within a few days and you'd bump into them all the time.
- Dorm fire alarms would go off just when you're about to lose your virginity.
- Dorm rooms would come equipped with hibachi grills.
- Guys would draw a portrait of a girl just to get a date.
- Registering for classes would involve milling around a small room. Nobobdy would register by phone or online.
- Dating your RA would do you absolutely no good in getting a change of roommates.
- Guys would go out with a girl for months without getting any action and that would be okay with them.
Return to Table of Contents